After having my membranes stripped, and crying it out with my favorite midwife in the office. We settled on a Tuesday morning induction. She did suggest that if I felt steady contractions I could head in monday evening, and odds are they would keep me overnight since I was already scheduled for the morning. I changed my mind at least 4 times, but eventually decided to head in on Monday night.
Labor hadn't really begun but they did keep me overnight since my induction was scheduled for 5am.
My birth plan did not include induction, or pain medication. But after laboring to 7cm an anesthesiologist was very convincing to a young, and scared version of myself. The epidural was administered, waters were broken and pitocin increased. I'll spare you the details, but my epidural did not work and it took several hours of convincing before the anesthesiologist returned to fix it. By this point it was the early hours of Wednesday morning and things just were not feeling right. I had stopped progressing, and started to feel really dizzy and just generally out of it.
When we spiked a fever shortly after, an emergency c-section was quickly decided on. My worst case scenario, but by that point all I cared about was delivering a healthy baby.